The basic principle of the selection of candidates for the UWC, is their value and their personality (merit) without taking into account the financial ability of their families or their social background.
If your application is successful, you will be invited to show your strengths on the following important components of the UWC experience:
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation: You have a genuine urge to learn about the world around you. You can grasp a range of local and global issues, and have the ability to analyse them critically.
- Active commitment: You can question, confront and reflect on the values of yourself, your family and your community. You are able to act your beliefs responsibly, and with courage.
- Social competence: You can make contact with others, work together, and interact respectfully. You can express yourself in different situations, to different people, and achieve solutions together.
- Resilience, personal responsibility and integrity: You can look after yourself physically and emotionally during challenging situations. You are motivated to adhere to UWC’s principles, and have a sense of humility and a willingness to listen.
- Motivation: You have a passion and ability to contribute to UWC, and actively promote its values.
Before you proceed with your application, please make sure that you fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a citizen of Greece or long term resident (minimum 6 years) who has attended the Greek educational system
- Be 16 years old (completed) by September 30, of the year in which you are applying
- Currently be student of A’ Lykeiou, or B’ Lykeiou or equivalent years of other curriculum in Greece
- Have an above average academic record
- Have adequate English language communication skills (English language proficiency is not an eligibility requirement but basic skills are needed if the students are to fully benefit from the UWC experience)
For non-long term residents of Greece:
We strongly encourage you to apply to the national committee in your country.
If you are unable to apply in your country of citizenship, because you do not meet the residency and/or schooling criteria of your national committee, you may apply through the international quota system. For more information please get in touch with the Greek National Committee or the UWC International Office.